Skip to main content

Press Box

I went on a stadium tour of CenturyLink Field on my birthday. It was well worth the $12 price of admission for the 90 minute tour.

I got to go on the field and all the way up the 300 level seats. I also got the grand tour of the press box, the broadcasting section, and a private suite. I even got a tour of the locker room and shower. It was a complete stadium experience minus the actual game day atmosphere.

The best part of the tour was the press box. Seeing the press box and sitting in it was a surreal feeling. I could imagine myself being a Seattle Times Sportswriter watching the Seahawks play against their archival 49ers while typing away on my laptop. 

Sportswriters are a lucky bunch. They get to go to games, eat stadium food, and travel the country while covering their favorite teams. It's most every sports fans dream. It's odd but I envy sports writers more than the actual athletes. Most of my favorite writers are sportswriters. I would not mind being a sportswriter even though most of them make practically nothing. Yesterday was just make believe and for now that will have to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

University of Cincinnati Master of Science Degree Diploma

It's official! Today, I received my diploma from the University of Cincinnati. I can't express how happy and proud I am of my Master of Science degree. I told my mom, my aunt, my dad and basically everyone on my social media. I even tweeted my diploma photo to Santa Ono, the President of the University of Cincinnati, and even got a congratulatory reply from him and the official UC Twitter account. So it's been an awesome Saturday.

Here is a pic of my University of Cincinnati diploma.



Holiday Tradition

The holidays are just around the corner. It's the best time of the year for sure. But the holidays can go by really quickly. I mean, it's going to be Halloween on Monday already! Pretty soon Thanksgiving will be here and we'll all be eating Turkey with our families. Then just like that we'll be opening up presents on Christmas and ringing in 2017 on New Year's.

Some families have holiday traditions. I want to start a holiday tradition where we help out the less fortunate. Everyday is a struggle for each one of us but at least we have food on our tables and a roof over our heads. There are just way too many people on the streets hungry and freezing. We shouldn't let this go on. Not on our watch.

With the power of the internet we can achieve so much in so little time. We can use this power to help others. We don't even have to spend our own money. Did you know that there are free donation sites out there right now that you can visit everyday and donate for fr…

Pay it Forward With a Click of a Button