Skip to main content

Why I Think LinkedIn and Twitter are Underrated.

I am on LinkedIn and I browse through LinkedIn quite often. So often in fact that I have over 1000 connections on that social networking site.

Ok I will admit the reason why I have so many LinkedIn connections is because I once belonged to an open networking group. That doesn't take away the fact that I am very active on LinkedIn and the reason why I am always on LinkedIn is because I like to browse through people's profiles and see what credentials they have listed on their resume. I learned about Google Adwords certification from doing just that. I think LinkedIn and Twitter are priceless resources when it comes to learning from the very best.

I believe in the concept of modeling excellence. I once learned this concept when I was 19 years old studying NLP for the very first time. At that age I wanted to be a psychiatrist and I had no idea the amount of years and study it took to become one. Anyways, modeling excellence in my own words means repeating the steps someone successful does in order to become successful yourself. The concept is simple, you model excellent behavior, you achieve success.

LinkedIn and Twitter allows you access to these successful people whom you normally wouldn't be able to associate with just 10 years ago. It's an extraordinarily powerful tool and best of all it's free. Well, unless you have a LinkedIn Premium subscription like I do then you pay $99 per month. But I will tell you LinkedIn Premium is worth way more than that. Even the LinkedIn ads are sometimes useful and I find myself clicking on them because they read just like articles. Fortunately for me I've been offered a free month of LinkedIn Premium on three different occasions.

I encourage everyone reading this to follow some smart people or business leaders in your field on Twitter and LinkedIn. See what they are doing, how they are successful, and model their behaviors. Meaning do the things they do to become successful. It's a free resource! Use it and thank me later.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

University of Cincinnati Master of Science Degree Diploma

It's official! Today, I received my diploma from the University of Cincinnati. I can't express how happy and proud I am of my Master of Science degree. I told my mom, my aunt, my dad and basically everyone on my social media. I even tweeted my diploma photo to Santa Ono, the President of the University of Cincinnati, and even got a congratulatory reply from him and the official UC Twitter account. So it's been an awesome Saturday.

Here is a pic of my University of Cincinnati diploma.



Holiday Tradition

The holidays are just around the corner. It's the best time of the year for sure. But the holidays can go by really quickly. I mean, it's going to be Halloween on Monday already! Pretty soon Thanksgiving will be here and we'll all be eating Turkey with our families. Then just like that we'll be opening up presents on Christmas and ringing in 2017 on New Year's.

Some families have holiday traditions. I want to start a holiday tradition where we help out the less fortunate. Everyday is a struggle for each one of us but at least we have food on our tables and a roof over our heads. There are just way too many people on the streets hungry and freezing. We shouldn't let this go on. Not on our watch.

With the power of the internet we can achieve so much in so little time. We can use this power to help others. We don't even have to spend our own money. Did you know that there are free donation sites out there right now that you can visit everyday and donate for fr…

Pay it Forward With a Click of a Button