Follow Your Effort

I am apart of Google Partners, a program for digital advertisers and marketers,  and one of the perks is that I get to enjoy a free domain from Google Domains. So I registered ThaiTranslation.net last night and will use that to generate new Thai to English and English to Thai translation business for me.

If you know me, you know that I work full time in sales and customer service for Time Warner Cable. So for 40 hours a week I spend a lot of time helping cable, internet, and digital phone customers with their account and services. You also know that I have a BA in Political Science and am set to graduate from a MS program in Criminal Justice. And finally you know that I have had a passive interest at online marketing, social media, and online blogging for many years now. 

At this point you're probably wondering why I wear so many hats and why I am taking on another business venture. The answer's simple really, it's because I'd rather be doing these things and learning than wasting time playing games and/or watching videos online. Not that there's anything wrong with that lifestyle.

I want to blog everyday as much as possible and write about the topics I enjoy writing about, but I know that having too many interests will leave me with a lot of sites and little time to work on each of them. Ideally, what I should do is focus on one topic and be really knowledgeable about it. While I do enjoy writing and blogging about my personal life, sports and technology, it's not what I think should be doing if I want to make money online long term. 

I think in order to have a passion for something you got to be really good at what you're doing. I think I once heard my business role model, Mark Cuban, the billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, say something along the lines of "don't follow your passion, follow your effort." 

So where is my effort? I have worked at Time Warner Cable for close to four years, spending 40 hours a week at that job dealing with cable, internet, and phone. I have been a customer service representative for close to ten years. I've dabbled in online marketing, social media, and blogging and learned the ins and outs of it for close to 10 years. But I've been Thai my whole life, and spoken Thai ever since I could speak. 

For me, providing high quality Thai translation work at ThaiTranslation.net is one of the best business ideas for me. So that's what I will be focusing on going forward.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

University of Cincinnati Master of Science Degree Diploma

Holiday Tradition