Becoming Catholic

I am officially becoming Catholic on March 30, 2013. I will receive the three sacraments on that special date which are Baptism, Communion, and Confirmation. I have been preparing to enter the Catholic Church since the beginning of February and I am excited to finally be able to receive the Eucharist at Mass. I pray that God gives me the strength to help me reach my full potential at everything I do and especially in spreading the word of God. I fully accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and I want the special opportunity to be able to show young people through my actions and faith how rewarding and important it is to live life in full acceptance, obedience and accordance to God. I am blessed to have met such great mentors in Father Dan, who is my confirmation sponsor (not many people get to have a priest as their sponsor) and Angelo, who is my current RCIA program instructor. Father Dan and Angelo are very good role models and I'd like to be able to inspire others to do good the same way they have inspired me to lead a life as a Follower of Jesus Christ. In the society that we live in I feel that it is easy for young people to lead astray lives. The society that we live does not value Christian principles. Our role models are the rich and famous. We care too much about what's in our bank accounts. There's too much sex and violence on TV. Sometimes it can feel a little overwhelming and you could feel lost like I did. I always believed that a person is the average of their five closest friends. Fortunately, for me since the beginning of this year my five closest friends all believe in God. And that's just the start. But oh boy what a start! I still have ways to go to improve my relationship with God, but I am closer to Him than ever before. He won't let me down. I can feel His presence and I know he will help me achieve great things as he knew me before I was born. To those reading this post who feel that they are lost or directionless with their lives make God your focal point and everything else will fall into place for you. I will pray that you may encounter the same type of positive people that God directed into my life. Thanks for reading and God Bless! Edited: I prayed and took the confirmation name of Joseph on March 30. I chose Joseph because he was someone who was a great father, a hard worker, a good provider and he lived life in full obedience to God. I admire and aspire to live my life like he did. Amazingly, Joseph is also my sponsor's chosen middle name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

University of Cincinnati Master of Science Degree Diploma

Holiday Tradition