Hoarding Twinkies

In case you haven't heard Hostess is going out of business. Thousands of Hostess employees will be laid off and have no jobs to go to on Monday morning and all we care about are hoarding boxes of Twinkies off supermarket shelves and on EBay. I don't have an opinion on Unions but I think that corporations need to start paying fair wages to American workers. I feel sorry for the Hostess workers who will lose their jobs and I hope they land on their feet to somehow support their families. That's all I got to say on it. Now on to more Twinkies talk. It's crazy and sad that people are bidding on Twinkies on Ebay. I guess that's human nature. We want what we can't have. I don't think Twinkies will ever go out of business though. Some major food corporation will buy the brand and keep selling them. Twinkies are pretty good, and they taste great but let's face it, it's junk food. Do we really need to be buying boxes of Twinkies for $60 a pop? To each their own I guess. And oh you can blame the news, the media, and bloggers like me for adding to the hype surrounding Twinkies. I predict boxes of Twinkies will skyrocket to about $100/box. People will buy them as Christmas gifts instead of laptops and hdtvs. You heard it hear first. Just so you know, I love Americana as much as the next guy, and if you get me a box for Twinkies for Christmas, I'll probably think you're quirky. Quirky is good. The Twinkies fad came just in time for the holidays. Next week is Black Friday. We know shoppers want the best deals but who will they get the best deal on Twinkies? That remains to be seen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

University of Cincinnati Master of Science Degree Diploma

Holiday Tradition