Skip to main content

Untouchable League

After the Monday Night game between the Falcons and Broncos Steve Young made an honest remark on the NFL and Replacement Referees. He said about the NFL that "bottom line is they don't care." That is they don't care about the officiating and blown calls because it's been proven that fans will continue to buy tickets and watch the games. Young said "they don't care about player safety in the case of bringing in Division 3 officials, because it doesn't affect the desire for the game. If it affected the desire for the game, they'd come up with a few million dollars." Steve Young is so money on this topic of replacement referees that it could cause him to get fired from the Monday Night Football Telecast Booth. That's how powerful the NFL is. I'd be very interested to hear what Young has to say next. Whether or not he'll tone it down or be removed from the booth remains to be seen. The NFL has become an untouchable league that isn't concerned about it's players or partners for that matter. It will only protect what's important to them - money. There I said it. The NFL is a money hungry league that doesn't care about anything but it's return on investment. While I don't appreciate the state of officiating in the NFL I can definitely understand the blown calls. These are replacement referees and they are expected to make these types of blown calls. The NFL needs to understand that great referees and officials make the game fair and that's all we can really ask for. To not care about the officiating of a game is similar to playing a pickup game then why do we even keep score? I think that if football fans continue to see this type of mediocre officiating it will turn them off from the game. Just wait until a replacement referee blows a crucial call for a playoff bound team. It'll happen sooner or later and the NFL needs to get their act together and stop acting like they're untouchable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

University of Cincinnati Master of Science Degree Diploma

It's official! Today, I received my diploma from the University of Cincinnati. I can't express how happy and proud I am of my Master of Science degree. I told my mom, my aunt, my dad and basically everyone on my social media. I even tweeted my diploma photo to Santa Ono, the President of the University of Cincinnati, and even got a congratulatory reply from him and the official UC Twitter account. So it's been an awesome Saturday.

Here is a pic of my University of Cincinnati diploma.



Holiday Tradition

The holidays are just around the corner. It's the best time of the year for sure. But the holidays can go by really quickly. I mean, it's going to be Halloween on Monday already! Pretty soon Thanksgiving will be here and we'll all be eating Turkey with our families. Then just like that we'll be opening up presents on Christmas and ringing in 2017 on New Year's.

Some families have holiday traditions. I want to start a holiday tradition where we help out the less fortunate. Everyday is a struggle for each one of us but at least we have food on our tables and a roof over our heads. There are just way too many people on the streets hungry and freezing. We shouldn't let this go on. Not on our watch.

With the power of the internet we can achieve so much in so little time. We can use this power to help others. We don't even have to spend our own money. Did you know that there are free donation sites out there right now that you can visit everyday and donate for fr…

Pay it Forward With a Click of a Button