Skip to main content

Sunday Sports

The Jets blew out the Bills 48-28 and after the game there was absolutely no debate on who the starting quarterback should be for the Jets. It seemed like Mark Sanchez threw perfect spirals every time for a large gain or a touchdown while Tebow never even got a chance to throw the ball and rightfully so. The position simply belongs to Sanchez and I don't see him giving up the position to Tebow any time this season or if ever. Tebow is a great guy and I hope he gets his chance and I believe that he will make an impact with the Jets.

Soon to be 31 year old Serena Williams came all the way back from being two points from defeat in what at the time was 5-2 lead for Victoria Azarenka in the third set. I think this was the most feel good story of the day. If you remember Williams had to sit out for a while when she had blood clots that threatened her life let alone her career. To battle back and beat a #1 seed is remarkable. All we need now is for Andy Murray to win against Djokovic tomorrow in what already has been one of the better US Opens in recent memory. Finally, thanks for the memories Andy Roddick. I will always treasure my first time at the Flushing Meadows when me and my mom went to see you play against Bjorn Phau at the US Open in 2009.

Another athlete said good bye in New York. Atlanta Braves Chipper Jones played his last game in New York. It seemed like only yesterday he batted .320 35 hrs 120 rbis. He was the idea fantasy baseball player and every fan wanted him on their team. My feelings are mixed about this one though since cheering for a Braves fan seems kind of inappropriate because Chipper was clutch against the Mets and he hurt our chances of winning over the years. However, when you look at it from a grand perspective he brought greatness to the third base position and the game of baseball. Chipper will always be apart of our collective baseball memories as Mets fans and to have watched him play so often in New York it only seemed fitting that he got the ovation that he did when he pinched hit in the 9th. And oh yeah he walked that son of a...

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

University of Cincinnati Master of Science Degree Diploma

It's official! Today, I received my diploma from the University of Cincinnati. I can't express how happy and proud I am of my Master of Science degree. I told my mom, my aunt, my dad and basically everyone on my social media. I even tweeted my diploma photo to Santa Ono, the President of the University of Cincinnati, and even got a congratulatory reply from him and the official UC Twitter account. So it's been an awesome Saturday.

Here is a pic of my University of Cincinnati diploma.



Holiday Tradition

The holidays are just around the corner. It's the best time of the year for sure. But the holidays can go by really quickly. I mean, it's going to be Halloween on Monday already! Pretty soon Thanksgiving will be here and we'll all be eating Turkey with our families. Then just like that we'll be opening up presents on Christmas and ringing in 2017 on New Year's.

Some families have holiday traditions. I want to start a holiday tradition where we help out the less fortunate. Everyday is a struggle for each one of us but at least we have food on our tables and a roof over our heads. There are just way too many people on the streets hungry and freezing. We shouldn't let this go on. Not on our watch.

With the power of the internet we can achieve so much in so little time. We can use this power to help others. We don't even have to spend our own money. Did you know that there are free donation sites out there right now that you can visit everyday and donate for fr…

Pay it Forward With a Click of a Button