Skip to main content

Green Day

When I was a kid my favorite band was Green Day. I loved their Dookie album that included hits as Longview, Welcome to Paradise, Basket Case, and When I Come Around. They are songs #2,#5,#7, and #10 on the album. I listened to that album so much as a youth that I came to revere Billie Joe Armstrong both as a musician and a role model. Since then Green Day has come a long way to become international rock stars and I have been fortunate to have followed them and be a fan since 1994. That's 18 years of Green Day! When I heard the other day at the IHeartRadio music festival in Las Vegas that Green Day was given a minute to wrap up their set and Billie Joe threw a fit and said he wasn't Justin Bieber and then proceeded to smash his guitar on stage I became even more of a fan. He personifies everything that is right with rock music. You are supposed to respect your elder rock stars. It has always been that way. We don't disrespect those who have come before us especially in a celebrity world. To the organizers of IHeartRadio music festival you did not respect that order and for that Billie Joe had every reason to react that way on stage.

Comments

Jim said…
Now, when you say, "When I heard the other day," do you really mean when you saw the link I posted on Facebook a few hours ago? lol
Marc said…
No I actually knew about that before you posted on Facebook. Though your post did give me something to write about for today when I had nothing. lol

Popular posts from this blog

University of Cincinnati Master of Science Degree Diploma

It's official! Today, I received my diploma from the University of Cincinnati. I can't express how happy and proud I am of my Master of Science degree. I told my mom, my aunt, my dad and basically everyone on my social media. I even tweeted my diploma photo to Santa Ono, the President of the University of Cincinnati, and even got a congratulatory reply from him and the official UC Twitter account. So it's been an awesome Saturday.

Here is a pic of my University of Cincinnati diploma.



Holiday Tradition

The holidays are just around the corner. It's the best time of the year for sure. But the holidays can go by really quickly. I mean, it's going to be Halloween on Monday already! Pretty soon Thanksgiving will be here and we'll all be eating Turkey with our families. Then just like that we'll be opening up presents on Christmas and ringing in 2017 on New Year's.

Some families have holiday traditions. I want to start a holiday tradition where we help out the less fortunate. Everyday is a struggle for each one of us but at least we have food on our tables and a roof over our heads. There are just way too many people on the streets hungry and freezing. We shouldn't let this go on. Not on our watch.

With the power of the internet we can achieve so much in so little time. We can use this power to help others. We don't even have to spend our own money. Did you know that there are free donation sites out there right now that you can visit everyday and donate for fr…

Pay it Forward With a Click of a Button