Skip to main content

The Expendables 2

Going to go see The Expendables 2 this weekend with my buds. I've seen one trailer and don't even remember much of it and I haven't read the reviews yet so if it's anything like the first one then it should be a great movie.

The thing with some of these sequels is they tend to be really awful and that's because the script is usually drastically different from the first one. Why does this happen? Why mess with a formula that was wildly successful in the first place? Who knows?

If I were the creative type, I'd ask myself WHY NOT go in that different direction? Risk it on the house's dime and at the same time put my reputation on the line as a wildly creative person. If the movie ends up being popular then I get ALL the credit or at least the majority of it. That's what I call THE CREATIVE FORMULA  If it doesn't then people expected the sequel to disappoint anyway especially considering how great the first one was and then that expectation softens your fall from awesomeness.

It's a different story when you look at it from an investor's perspective or from the boardroom. All that matters is the bottom line. So you replicate a movie like The Hangover and make it wildly successful just by following the exact same plot and formula.That makes perfect sense and this what I call THE BUSINESS FORMULA.

I think The Expendables 2 will follow the business formula and for good reason. Because it's marketed to guys probably in the age 18-35 range, and since I'm apart of the demographic, to be honest were just looking for action, violence, and explosions. We certainly do appreciate creativity and thought provoking films however not from a movie with a title called The Expendables even though that's an SAT word. lol

Comments

Jim said…
...you should pay to proofread these before you post them you just make too many grammatical mistakes; without them you write some pretty good blogs, Pongers.
Marc said…
Hey Jim, thanks for your genuine feedback. Yeah, I agree these posts do need proof reading. I'll take your suggestion into consideration as I get more readers. Thanks Jim I really appreciate your compliment that you think I write some pretty good blogs!

Popular posts from this blog

University of Cincinnati Master of Science Degree Diploma

It's official! Today, I received my diploma from the University of Cincinnati. I can't express how happy and proud I am of my Master of Science degree. I told my mom, my aunt, my dad and basically everyone on my social media. I even tweeted my diploma photo to Santa Ono, the President of the University of Cincinnati, and even got a congratulatory reply from him and the official UC Twitter account. So it's been an awesome Saturday.

Here is a pic of my University of Cincinnati diploma.



Holiday Tradition

The holidays are just around the corner. It's the best time of the year for sure. But the holidays can go by really quickly. I mean, it's going to be Halloween on Monday already! Pretty soon Thanksgiving will be here and we'll all be eating Turkey with our families. Then just like that we'll be opening up presents on Christmas and ringing in 2017 on New Year's.

Some families have holiday traditions. I want to start a holiday tradition where we help out the less fortunate. Everyday is a struggle for each one of us but at least we have food on our tables and a roof over our heads. There are just way too many people on the streets hungry and freezing. We shouldn't let this go on. Not on our watch.

With the power of the internet we can achieve so much in so little time. We can use this power to help others. We don't even have to spend our own money. Did you know that there are free donation sites out there right now that you can visit everyday and donate for fr…

Pay it Forward With a Click of a Button