Newspaper and Magazine Subscriptions

Have you ever wondered why when you subscribe to a newspaper or magazine that it takes up to six to eight weeks for the first issue to arrive on your front door? And why all the magazines that are currently for sale are labeled a month in advance? Like it would be the September issue but it's actually August? Because I've been wondering the same thing! I'm sure that those who work in the publishing industry, specifically in customer service, get these questions posed to them all the time.

As far as the delay with the magazine to arrive on your front door steps goes, I supposed it's a logistical thing where the first issue takes some time to get printed and distributed from some warehouse only because it's the most economical and profitable way for the publisher to operate. I supposed that it's also a revenue trick that publishers don't tell you about because they understand that the longer a subscriber waits for the first issue, the more likely they will go out and buy the magazine or newspaper at full retail value. And no one in their right mind buys magazines or newspapers that way on a daily basis.

Anyway, I'm feeling very anxious for my first issue of the Wall Street Journal, Barron's, Economist, and Variety to arrive on my front door and that's why I'm writing this post. If you happen to be reading this post and work in the publishing industry and would like to answer my questions please feel free to comment. Otherwise, I'll just wait patiently for my home delivery of the the said subscriptions and although I'm somewhat curious I will not bother asking customer service. After all it's not really that important only because I work in customer service and I know these types of questions are not pressing. But that's entirely a different post so thank you for reading and have a great day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

University of Cincinnati Master of Science Degree Diploma

Holiday Tradition